Before you invest in a big-ticket solution, ask an engineering expert for the simple answer. This Appalachian client did, and this story demonstrates how the right partnership can benefit your organization, motivating you to consider using an embedded workforce structure in the future.
Embedded FD Engineer Identifies Solution to Systemic Communication Failures
A leading midstream company with substantial assets scattered throughout the American Northeast found itself facing numerous communication failures with their field devices. Early diagnosis blamed the trouble on the communication network. However, before a substantial investment was made to upgrade the network, an embedded Flow Data Engineer identified that the most efficient and cost-effective solution would be to modify settings and scripting within the existing ClearSCADA system.
Embedded Contractors Quickly and Efficiently Support Your Project
Flow Data’s dedicated workforce, with decades of experience in both upstream and midstream processes, provides clients with access to affordable, engineering consultation and expert advice when needed.
No need to build out a large engineering department. Hire an embedded engineer or team of engineers for short-term or long-term projects, eliminating the hassle of having to recruit and train a full-time team. It also reduces costs associated with paying benefits, purchasing equipment, and ensures issues, that may impede safety, are kept at bay.
Flow Data embedded Engineers have been instrumental in providing:
- Set-up of SCADA, information and management systems for regulatory compliance and audits
- Set-up of primary and backup control centers
- General cleanup and functionality improvements on existing systems
- Migration management of legacy systems to new systems
- Development of HMI screens and additional system dashboards per industry standards
- Set-up for production reports and analytical tools for efficient operations
- Implementation of various projects utilizing newer protocols such as DNP3 and integration of SCADA data into business intelligence systems